MoSHE and Embassy of Canada agree to Collaborate on Strengthening Science, TVET and Higher Education
H. E. Prof. Afework Kassu, State Minister to Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MoSHE) held a follow-ups and progress evaluation discussion with H.E. Ambassador of Canada to Ethiopia, Antoine Chevrier yesterday morning.
Their discussion focused on the following important issues:
• Supporting CICan (Colleges and Institutes Canada) & UBC's initiative with Consortium of Ethiopian Universities and Federal TVET Institute.
• Connecting with Ethiopian Diaspora intellectuals in Canada who can support reforms at MoSHE and beyond.
• Working with Ethiopians who studied in Canada to bridge with their former universities and research institutes.
• Connecting Canadian Government scholarships to Ethiopian Betre-Science Initiative.
• Using existing mechanisms of Canadian Government (Grand Challenges Canada, MasterCard Foundation, Agri-TVET, STEM, etc) in supporting MoSHE's Reform Initiatives such as 'Leadership Capacity building; Empowering girls and women; Women in science, etc.'
MoSHE and the Embassy agreed to collaborate on the above mentioned and other issues of mutual interest and to work towards MoSHE's requests and treat some of them by integrating with existing programs.